Messy Half Bun Tutorial
This is an easy, 1-minute Bohemian half-bun that is so simple and versatile! Super cute for a party, casual day, or concert – this look can be completed in no time. Here’s how to get it:
- ‘Big Tease’ teasing comb
- Clear hair elastic
- Bobby pins
- ‘Hold it Right There’ Hairspray
- No H20 Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- Hair Extensions (optional for added lenth)
- Note: This look is best done on a second-day hair wash - be sure to use your Leyla Milani Hair “NO H20 Volumizing Dry Shampoo” for additional texture and freshness.
- First, grab the top section of your hair (at your temples), using your thumbs bringing it all the way to the back. You are then going to tease this section to add texture and volume (for easier pinning). Tease mainly at the back in order to keep your top section smooth, going up from the ends all the way down to the roots, creating friction.
- The next step is to twist all of your hair together into the desired half bun look. The exact positioning of the bun is up to your personal preference. An advantage of doing a messy Bohemian style, is that you can make it your own!
- Take your clear hair elastic and secure it around your newly twisted bun. And using your bobby pins, pin any pieces that you’re like to hold in place. Optional: pull out a few pieces of hair at the front of your head to help frame your face.
- Use a few spritzes of your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold It Right There Hairspray’ on level 1 to offer some additional hold, spraying both the bun and your ends for texture. And there you have it – the “perfect” messy half bun!