How to Make Your Curls Last Longer
There’s nothing more frustrating than putting lots of time and effort into your locks, only to have it vanish! Here are 5 effective tips to make your curls and waves last longer – guaranteed!
- Miracle Brush (soft bristle is important!)
- Hair Spray (multi-levels of hold is ideal)
- Gator Grips (enough to hold a head of curls)
- Curling Iron (with a small barrel option)
- Hair Extensions (optional)
- Brush your hair throughout before beginning any style. Spray your hair with hairspray before, during, and after you’ve done your curls. This gives your hair a rougher texture which helps to prolong the lifespan of your curls.
- Use a small barrel on your curling iron. The Triple Threat Curling iron has a barrel size option of 0.75 inch, which is ideal for the longest curl life. The smaller (aka tighter) the curl, the longer it will last. The same thing goes for how much hair you use for each curl. The smaller the section of hair, the tighter the curl, and therefore the longer it will hold! Always hold the curl on the iron for about 8-10 seconds.
- Use a curling iron with an adjustable heat setting – like the Leyla Milani Hair Triple Threat Curling Iron. The magic number is between 300- 300F for curls that last.
- Once you’ve curled your hair, allow them to set. Either hold each curl in the palm of your hand for 10 seconds before dropping or better yet, secure the curl with an alligator grip. The longer you wait, the stronger the curl will be. Use this exact same process when curling your Leyla Milani Hair Extensions.
- When it’s time to release your hair from the clips, make sure that you don’t break the curls right away. This is KEY! Give your hair a few more minutes after releasing and add more hairspray. Before softening the curls, clip in your hair extensions first, and then style together with your natural hair. Next, using a soft bristle brush like the Leyla Milani Hair Miracle Brush, begin by brushing your hair from the bottom up to reveal a softer wave that blends together. Given these curl-holding techniques, these curls should last you for at least 2-3 days!
Optional: for added oomph and shine factor, give your head a mist of the ‘Glossilocks Shine Spray’. Also, for additional volume at the roots, sprinkle some ‘Big Hair Don’t Care Volume Boosting Powder’ and apply as needed.