High Braided Ponytail
This look has been a celebrity favourite in the past and is chic as it is beautiful and perfect for day or night. It’s also a wonderful style to use your Leyla Milani Hair Extensions, since you will need some length! Here’s how to get a high braided ponytail:
- Boar Bristle Brush
- Bobby Pins
- Ceramic Curling Iron (1/2 Inch Barrel for tighter curls)
- Teasing comb
- Gator Grips
- Leyla Milani Hair Extensions
- Elastic bands (that match your hair color)
- Hair Gel
- Hair Spray
Note: Freshly washed hair is not recommended for this style, you’ll want more texture for the style to hold (i.e. 3rd day hair). If your hair is freshly washed, use a light coating of Dry Shampoo over your locks.
- Start by brushing out your hair and clipping in your hair extensions. The only difference is that you want to clip the bottom weft (the one that goes at the nape of your neck) and the 4 clip weft (clipped mid-way) UPSIDE DOWN. 3 wefts are the perfect amount for this look. Now gently brush out all your hair once more to ensure there are no tangles.
- Next, sweep all of your hair into a high ponytail (making sure no clips are showing) and secure with an elastic. Once your hair is tied, grab a thick section of your ponytail and wrap it around the base of your ponytail (use a piece of your own hair). Now that your elastic is covered, use bobby pins to secure in place.
- Use a dollop of hair gel and smooth it into your ponytail to create some texture for your braid. Now, you are ready to create a 3-strand braid! Do this all the way until the end of your hair and secure with an elastic.
- Last, gently pull out sections of your braid to loosen and widen it. This creates a messier, fuller look.
- Finish with a light coat of your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There’ Hairspray on Level 2 and you’re ready to go!