How to Perfect a Low Bun
This is an elegant style to pair with many different looks – whether it’s runway glamorous, dinner chic, or professional! It’s best to do this look with second day hair (not freshly washed) since this will create better hold. This is also a helpful style to consider when you are looking to prolong days between washing your hair. Here’s how to get the perfect low bun!
You’re going to need:
- Miracle Brush
- Big Tease Comb
- Bobby pins
- Donut-shaped Chignon (can also be created by cutting up the toe area of a sock and rolling it up)
- ‘Hold it Right There’ 3 Level Hairspray
- Start off by brushing out your hair and then create your part. It can be in the middle or even a deep side part. For a deep part, using the rat tail comb use the angle of your brow as a guideline and part your hair up from there. Brush your hair nicely so that it’s a sleek ponytail to begin with and secure with your elastic band. Make sure that your ponytail is situated at the nape of your neck as this will be the area of your low bun.
- Once your hair is in your ponytail, grab your donut-shaped chignon and bring your ponytail through the hole. Then fan out the hair covering the chignon all the way around until it’s completely covered. Once it’s spread all around, then you’re going to want to start hiding your hair beneath the chignon. With your fingers, simply tuck in the hair. As you’re going through just fix up any portions that are showing.
- Once all of your hair is tucked in beneath the bun, secure it with bobby pins. Open up the bobby pin and push in the pin to attach the hair from the bun to the hair to your head. You’re going to do this around the entire bun to ensure all of your hair is in place.
- Finish your look with a coat of your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There hairspray’ on level 2 or 3!