Tricks for Younger Looking Hair
Did you know there are plenty of secret ways to make your hair (and you) appear younger? Here are some tricks of the trade to ensure your strands stay youthful and how to style them to turn back the clock!
- If your skin has gotten more pale or sallow over the years, try dying your hair a richer base color or add some golden highlights. This will help to re-create the depth you used to have, which will be the most flattering. Just be careful not to stray too far away from the shades that compliment your skin tone the most!
Cut Some Bangs
- Ever heard of the saying Botox or bangs? Well bangs are great at hiding forehead wrinkles, but they’re also an adorable way to look younger through just the style of your hair. If you don’t feel like going the whole way, side-swept fringe is also great and more versatile!
Combat Sun Damage
- The sun’s UV rays can wreak havoc on unprotected hair, making it dry, brittle, and older looking! It will also reduce shine, dry out your scalp, and make your color look dull and faded. Thankfully, a weekly hair mask can drastically improve any sun damage and protect your strands all summer long. The Leyla Milani Hair “Rescue Me Hair Mask” is an intensive treatment designed to restore nutrients to your hair, re-build strands, increase elasticity, and offer that much-needed extra protection.
Straighten Your Hair
- Straight hair tends to look longer, shinier, glamorous, and more youthful! If you don’t usually wear your hair straight, it’s also nice to switch up your routine since wearing the same style daily can also be quite aging. Use an ionic straighter for the best results and finish with a light coat of shine spray!
Eat the Right Foods
- By eating more dark leafy greens and omega-3 fatty acids, you are directly improving the health of your hair and scalp. Eat plenty of nuts, spinach, broccoli, kale, and ensure adequate daily protein intake. The more healthy you are on the inside translates to how you appear on the outside!