Mermaid Waves Hair Tutorial
This is a very effortless hair-do for such a great look. Mermaid waves are the new beach waves, and look just as sultry! Here’s how to get those gorgeous mermaid waves:
- Apply heat protectant spray to the ends of your hair and comb out, starting from the bottom and working your way up. You can also apply the spray to your hands first and then work through.
- Start by parting your hair down the middle for the boho look (you can simply use your finger for a messier part OR use the end of your Leyla Milani Big Tease Comb for a sleeker part). Alternatively, you can do a side part as well!
- Using a curling iron with a clamp, take 1-2 inch sections of your hair, wrapping each section (only to the mid-shaft of your hair) around the barrel and holding for 3-5 seconds. Then, taking the same section of hair you’re going to begin clamping the bottom of your hair starting from about mid-way (or where you stopped curling). The trick here is to move down the shaft of your hair, clamping and holding for 3 seconds at a time, and each time switching the direction of the clamp until you reach the bottom of your hair shaft.
Note: The clamp is essential for this look since it will hold down the crimped pieces at the bottom section of your strands. The idea is to have a look that is more curled on top and then finishes with a crimped look toward the bottom.
- Once your finished curling/crimping, run your fingers through your hair to loosen it up.
- And last but not least, finish with sea salt spray to complete the look and add your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Big Hair Don’t Care’ volume boosting powder to lift your roots!
Full video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6SYcV_vc-M