How to Get Shiny Straight Hair
To get those healthy, straight, and sleek A-list strands it’s easier than you think! All you need is the proper tools and technique. Here’s how to get shiny, straight hair that’s celeb-worthy:
Choose the right size flat iron
- For short (thick or fine hair) requires narrower plates ranging from ½ inch to 1 inch in thickness, which will let you work with smaller sections.
- For long (thick or fine hair) wider plate are required, ranging from 1 ½ inches to 2 inches. This will also let you reach more surface in less time.
Selecting the proper heat setting
- Your hair type and texture will ultimately determine the heat setting. Fine or damaged hair demands a lower temperature (250-300 degrees), medium/average hair will do will with 300-350 degrees, and thick or coarse hair will work best with the higher range (350-400 degrees).
- The plate material is also an essential component. You’ll want to go with ceramic plates since they’ll be the gentlest on your strands, distribute heat evenly, and release negative ions to tighten the hair’s cuticle.
*The Leyla Milani Hair Give it To Me Straight Flat iron comes in the perfect mid-range plate size for all types of hairstyles, is lightweight, uses ceramic ionic technology to eliminate frizz and enhance shine, a curved edge plate design for straightening and flipping, and has a wide range of adjustable temperature (140F-450F) –not to mention dual voltage for worldwide use.
Have the Proper Technique
- Clip away your blow-dried hair into manageable sections. Start from the bottom of your head and work upwards grabbing 2-inch sections of hair at a time. Place the iron ½ inch down from your roots smooth down the iron at an even, steady pace. For the final crown section of your head, lift your hair and instead get the iron as close to your scalp us possible while drawing the iron outward.
Finish with a Shine Spray
- For additional brilliant shine, give your head a few spritzes of the Leyla Milani Hair Glossilocks shine spray. It will also smooth down any frizz and has built-in protective sun-filters to prevent any sun damage!