Disco Wave Hair Tutorial
Rose Byrnes had the most perfect bends and curves to her waves at the Emmy’s last year and thanks to her celebrity stylist sharing his secret weapon, we get to share it with you as well! It’s glamorous, 70s inspired, and incorporates the early 80s big wave.
Here’s what you need to do to get the look:
- Wash your hair and apply mousse to wet hair from root to tip. Once you’ve done this, aim the nozzle of the blow-dryer into the roots all over the head to get good lift.
- Once you’ve gotten all the body at the roots that you want, you’re then going to part your hair where you like (left, right, or middle).
- Next, separate the top from the bottom of the hair and begin curling from the bottom taking ¼ sections of hair at a time. Here you can use the Leyla Milani Hair Triple Threat Interchangeable Ceramic Curling Iron in the 1 inch barrel.
- Wrap each section of hair around the barrel while holding the iron horizontally, and be sure to hold each piece for 3 seconds. It’s important to keep the amount of hair curled each time consistent so that you have uniform curls throughout. Then let each curl drop and move to the next.
- Once you’ve curled your entire head, lightly brush through the curls using a boar bristle brush (like the Leyla Milani Hair Miracle Brush) and you will notice a soft “S-wave” appearance to your tresses.
- Last you’ll want to lock the ridges and waves that have formed using ** plastic clips ** at each ridge. Leave them in for at least 10 minutes, remove, brush, and go!
- Note: for added vibrance, give your head a light mist with Glossilocks Shine Spray!
Full Disco Wave Hair Tutorial: