Hair Extensions: DO’s and DON’T’s
Pretty much every girl has either tried or considered investing in hair extensions. They’re rampant in Hollywood and offer so much in the way of beauty since, who doesn’t want lush, flowing locks? They can make you feel like a queen (‘Queen Bey’ aka Beyonce certainly knows so) and can revive lifeless hair in minutes. Since you may be looking to join this beauty movement, here are some important DO’s and DON’T’s of wearing hair extensions!
- Invest in the right brush for your extensions. A boar bristle brush (Leyla Milani Hair Miracle Brush) will keep them lasting much longer, while also decreasing breakage of your natural hair.
- It’s always important to choose hair extensions that either match or complement your hair color. You wouldn’t want them to be sticking out from the rest of your tresses! If you have highlights, there are special editions for you as well.
- Opt for human hair extensions because they are much easier to style and more natural looking. Remy hair is currently the best on the market. All Leyla Milani Hair extensions are made of the highest quality 100% Remy hair.
- When washing your hair extensions, it’s best to use and intensive hydrating shampoo that is sulphate-free. This will keep them smoother, shinier, and less prone to breakage.
- The clip-in version of hair extensions offer much more in the way of benefits. You get more flexibility in styling, more comfort and convenience, they’re less costly, and not subject to routine maintenance. Extensions that are sewn in are much more damaging, tougher to work with, and found to be itchy and uncomfortable to wear.
- Always brush your hair extensions before washing them (this goes for your natural hair too). This will prevent damage and increase product absorption.
- Treat your hair extensions as you would your actual tresses. Handle them with love and give them deep conditioning treatments once a month. This will maximize your investment and maintain a glossy and smooth appearance.