Best Hair Tips
From the best way to dry your hair to simple tested and true secrets, here are some of the best hair tips to follow to date:
Don’t Towel Dry
- To prevent frizz post-shower, always gently squeeze out excess water from your strands, however, instead of reaching for your harsh towel use a paper towel or terrycloth towel instead. These are softer options that will leave your hair smoother and minus the frizz.
Hold that ‘Do
- Whenever you are using bobby pins to hold an updo, first spray each bobby pin with a Dry Shampoo (Leyla Milani Hair ‘NO H20 Volumizing Dry Shampoo’) before sliding it into your hair. The dry shampoo will actually add a perfect powdery texture that will help to hold each pin in place, and keep your updo from falling!
How’s your Scalp?
- If your hair is ever misbehaving, you may want to cleanse your scalp with a clarifying shampoo to remove excess product buildup. Clogged hair follicles can also slow hair growth, which is not cool in this case. So, don’t forget to get rid of the grime! Shampooing every 2-3 days is ideal.
Banish Harsh Shower Water
- You may have heard of the term “harsh water” which is laden with chlorine and other heavy minerals. These can promote hair dryness and even alter your beautifully invested hair color. Depending on how harsh your water is, you may want to invest in a filter that can be placed directly onto your shower-head.
Fake full hair with a toothbrush
- If your hair is thin, you’ll want to avoid smoothing it out while blow-drying, since this can cause it to flatten. Instead, while you’re drying use your fingertips to tousle the roots. Even more, use a dry (and clean!) toothbrush to backcomb the undersides. The soft bristles of a toothbrush are ideal to grip strands without breaking them while giving them the right amount of roughage and lift!
- The best way to get achieve longer, fuller hair of course—is to use clip-in extensions! They take only minutes to secure into your locks and offer such an incredible boost and transformation. They also contribute to any style by simply adding more to work with, leaving your with an ultra glam result.