How to Get a Faux Bob with Long Hair
The number of celebrities rocking stylish bobs are growing, but do you really want to give up your long, flowing tresses to jump in on the fun? The good news is you can get the best of both worlds. You can keep your hair long and beautiful while still keeping up with great trends, and it’s easier than you think!
Here’s how to get a faux bob with long hair:
- First you’ll want to prep your tresses by applying mousse and some volume-boosting powder to your roots to help them lift (Milani Hair ‘Big Hair Don’t Care’ would work like a charm).
- Next, curl your hair throughout using a medium barrel curling iron (i.e. Milani Hair ‘Triple Threat Interchangeable Ceramic Curling Iron’ in the 1 inch barrel). Remember to always curl away from your face!
- Once your entire head is curled, section off 3 parts separating the back, left, and right sides.
- Tease (Milani Hair ‘Big Tease’ Comb) and spray the back section for volume and then secure it in a low ponytail. You’re then going to begin creating your faux bob by rolling your low ponytail inward and pinnin in place.
- Next, repeat this same process using the remaining sections of your hair (left and right sides). Use hairspray (Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There’ at a Level 2) to hold this look in place.
- Optional: let a few pieces of your bangs out to create a softer and more natural look.
There you have it, virtually anyone can rock short hair with these simple steps AND with zero commitment. It’s also a great way to preview how you would look should you ever choose to go short one day. Happy styling!