5 Rules for Choosing your Prom Hairstyle
There are so many things to think about when it comes to preparing for prom. After-all, it is a major milestone in your life that you’ll want to look back at and remember. That being said—you ‘gotta have great hair!
Here are 5 rules for choosing your prom hairstyle:
1. Choose your dress FIRST: there countless hairstyles to choose from and you should be selecting one that complements your outfit. Now you wouldn’t go for a messy grunge look with sleek silk gown would you? Unless you are the ultimate trendsetter.
2. Consider your hair texture: do you have curly, straight, or wavy hair? Work with your hair’s own natural texture to create the right look for you. For example, straight hair can be curled into waves and can be worked nicely into a lavish up-do. While curly hair can look beautiful down with a bit of product to soften and wavy hair is ideal for both straightening and half-up/half-down styles.
3. Suit it to your personality: are you casual, formal, or classic? You should select a style that enhances the best version of yourself. If you are casual and sporty, you might go for something more comfortable and fresh. Whereas if you are formal, you may want to go all out glam. Nevertheless, it could be a time to dare to try something new!
4. Make it timeless: Chances are you’ll be looking back at these photos in the years to come. Go for a timeless style that won’t make you cringe 20 years from now so that you can shamelessly break out your old prom photos.
5. Listen to your stylist: they’re professionals for a reason because they know what will look best with your face shape and special features. If they are either recommending a certain style or advising you against one, listen to their opinion!
But the best prom hairstyle rule of all is the one that makes you feel your best!