Best Hair Care Secrets
There are plenty of secrets to attaining stronger, healthier, more beautiful hair. But which ones actually work?
We’ve taken the time to curate some of the best hair care secrets to date, all of which are easy to do and inexpensive. Here they are:
- This oil has many fantastic uses, one of them being a secret to thicker and more lustrous hair. Simply heat the oil and massage into your scalp once per week for moisture that will go deep into your locks. You can also sleep with it and wash it out in your morning shower for a longer treatment.
Eggs Whites and Avocado
- For an anti-frizz and detangling treatment, take a few egg whites and half of avocado (mashed) and apply to your hair. Leave on for 15 minutes then proceed to your regular wash and condition. The high vitamin B and E content of this treatment will strengthen your strands and promote hair growth.
- For a natural shine and to combat dandruff, add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to your shampoo or massage a few drops straight on to your scalp every night. It has a natural cleansing quality and will also stimulate the hair follicles, improving circulation as well as calming any inflammation.
Olive Oil and Yogurt
- Rich in antioxidants and protein, this mix will reduce damage from overuse of styling products and the sun as well. Mix one cup of whole-milk plain yogurt with one teaspoon of olive oil. Work into washed hair for about 5 minutes and rinse with cool water.
A Cold Shower
- Always finish a shower with at least 5-10 seconds of cold water. The colder the better. This will seal and smooth out your hair cuticles allowing them to reflect more light and make them shinier!
Use a Natural Boar Brush
- If you’re picky about anything, it should be your brush. Choose a brush with natural boar bristles (Milani Hair Miracle Brush) which will be less likely to break strands, while also holding onto your hair’s own protective oils. This allows an even distribution of natural oil throughout your hair while brushing, leaving behind healthier, stronger hair.