How to Prevent a Bad Hair Day
Nobody wants a bad hair day, yet sometimes they are impossible to avoid. Below are some essential tips to follow and ensure that your tresses are always on their best behavior. Here’s how to prevent a bad hair day:
Choose products that fit your hair type
- Curly hair tends to dry out a lot faster than straight hair. The general rule of thumb is to adopt moisturizing products (oil-based) with curly hair and something lighter for straight since you won’t want to weigh it down.
- Ionic generators produce negative ions which translate to better protection, increased shine, and more effective styling. A must since other dryers can be very drying and in turn cause your hair to frizz.
- By washing your hair too often you are robbing your scalp of its natural oils that serve to keep your mane shiny and lustrous. It is best to wash your hair every 2-3 days and actually comb the natural oils through. If your hair tends to get oily, opt for a Dry Shampoo (Milani Hair NO H20 Volumizing Dry Shampoo). After you adopt this routine of less frequent washing, you will begin to notice that your scalp will in turn produce less oil since it isn’t being stripped so often.
- By trimming your tresses every 6-8 weeks you are giving it an instant face lift by increasing volume, bounce, and keeping your ends healthy.
- Wooden brushes aren’t as ideal for styling since they tend to lose heat very quickly. Unlike ceramic brushes, which will hold heat and improve styling time as well as provide a longer-lasting finished look! Using a boar bristle brush (Milani Hair Boar Miracle Brush) will also add protection and shine.
- By simply massaging your scalp for a minute or two, you are increasing blood circulation that will ultimately improve hair growth and vitality.
- Using a nourishing mask on a weekly basis (like Milani Hair’s Rescue Me Mask), especially if your hair is dry or damaged, can be exactly what your hair needs to be looking good every day! If your hair is healthy and shiny, a bad hairstyle will be easy to fix. Badly damaged hair won’t look great no matter how great the hairstyle is.