Double Dutch Braid Hair Tutorial
The newly popular double dutch braid is everywhere! From celebrities, athletes, hipsters, to modern stylistas – this is definitely a look to rock this season. It’s super fresh and is a nice way to keep your hair in check. Here’s how to get it!
- Miracle Brush
- ‘Big Tease’ Comb
- Gator Clips
- Hair Elastics
- ‘Hold it Right There’ Hairspray
- No H20 Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- Brush out your hair thoroughly to eliminate any frizz and tangles using your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Miracle Brush’. Next, split your hair into two equal sections down the middle of your head, using the end of your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Big Tease’ comb. Secure one section of hair using a Gator Clip, so that it doesn’t interfere with the opposite side you’re working on.
- Beginning the braid: take a section at the very front and divide into 3 equal sections. Taking each section, you are going to place each under the middle one. After each one passes under the middle section, you are going to grab more hair from the sides, continuously passing them under in the same method. Remember to keep this braid tight and close to your head. Continue braiding downward until there is no more hair to add. Secure with a hair elastic at the bottom. Optional: to make the braid wider and a bit more bohemian, lightly pull out the sides of the braid until you are satisfied.
- Repeat the same process on the opposite side of your head.
- Finish by either pulling out some shorter hairs in the front to frame your face OR sleek them back with a light coating of your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There’ hairspray if desired!
- NOTE: this look is best achieved with second or third day washed hair. If your hair is freshly washed, simply use your Leyla Milani Hair No H20 Volumizing Dry Shampoo light sprayed throughout, to give your hair that added workable texture.