Best Hair Routine for Straight Hair
Straight hair is absolutely lovely, but indeed comes with its own care package. We’ve put together for you the best routine to have for those sleek, beautiful tresses.
How to go from freshly washed hair to 3rd-day hair.
Here’s what you need to do to keep it fresh!
- Use a texturizing spray: on day 1 use a texturizing spray to give your hair some more grip. This will also help to give fine, straight hair that much-needed volume – especially at the roots! For styling, the texturizing spray will act as a great primer to keep waves/curls in place. You then don’t need to overdo the hairspray at the end!
- Dry shampoo: top knots are great for second-day hair, BUT, if you feel like wearing it down – dry shampoo is your secret weapon. It will give your hair both texture and added freshness. If you have waves from the previous day, simply go in and briefly curl a few pieces to oomph them up again.
- Conditioner: when you do wash your hair, it’s important to use products that are nourishing and on the natural side of things. Natural oils like coconut oil and butter like shea or cocoa, go a long way in protecting straight hair from damage. For thinner hair, it's best to condition the hair from midway up the hair shaft and downward, squeezing the product into the ends of the hair. In the shower, place it in a low bun and let sit for 5-10 mins. Moisturized hair is healthy hair!
- Hair mask: this is an excellent way to really add that additional moisture to your hair. Especially if you color your hair or use hot tools, this is a must (1x/week)! You can find healthy oils and butter in the Leyla Milani Rescue Me Hair Mask, which is designed to protect, strength, and nourish your precious locks. A nourishing hair mask can really make the difference between dry, split ends and healthy, shiny hair!
- Finishing oil: when you go from wavy to curly hair, you’ll need to calm the frizz! A finishing oil will do just that. You should only run it through the ends though, as it can weigh down your hair if used too closely to the scalp. You can also use the Glossilocks Shine Spray!