Hair Hacks Every Girl Needs to Know
Let’s face it, life is easier when you know the right hacks – especially when it comes to doing your hair! Here are some great hair hacks every girl needs to know:
To Hydrate Dry Ends
- Take a bit of cream or coconut oil (even hand cream!) and scrunch into ends. This is especially helpful in the winter with the heightened dryness of heated rooms. For regular hydration and the prevention of split ends, don’t forget to use your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Rescue Me Hair Mask’.
- Using an old toothbrush and hairspray you can carefully tame any fly-aways and smooth them into the rest of your hair. Simply spray the toothbrush with hairspray and brush over any tough little hairs!
For Added Volume
- Blow-dry your hair with your head down until hair is 80% dry. This creates much more volume as opposed to if you were drying your hair in the upright position. Then proceed as usual styling your hair! For an additional boost, sprinkle a bit of the Leyla Milani Hair ‘Big Hair Don’t Care Volume Boosting Powder’ at your roots and work in (by teasing or massaging).
To Get Longer Braids
- Use hair extensions! Braids require much more hair than any other style – especially if you’re going for bigger, longer braids, hair extensions offer that instant fix – explore the various options here.
Using Bobby Pins
- For better hold using bobby pins, always insert into your hair with the longer tip of the bobby pin facing upward (most people do it the opposite way – this is incorrect). The wavy part of the bobby pin always goes DOWN! This will provide much better hold and with fewer bobby pins.
To Avoid Hair Creases
- Hair elastics are very convenient, but also cause unfavourable hair creasing! Instead, grab two sections of hair (from left and right), bring them under the bulk of your hair, cross them, tie them and secure with a few bobby pins in the back. This creates a beautiful soft ponytail with zero creasing!