Summer Perfect Ponytail
Not only amazing for hot summer days, this is an effortlessly chic style to wear any time of year! If you are also one to leave a few days in between hair washing, the art of the ponytail is a must skill to have. Here’s how to get that perfect summer ponytail:
You’ll need only a few simple tools:
- Teasing Brush
- Hair Elastic
- Bobby Pins
Perfect Ponytail Steps:
- First, get your teasing comb, part your hair down the middle and tease your hair at the crown of your head. You can also go with a side part if you prefer. Beginning at the mid-point of your crown, take the brush and brush the rest of the hair back.
- Then, grab sections of your brushed back hair, take your teasing brush and tease (up and down in quick movements). This creates the extra bit of volume you need. *For additional volume, prep your roots with volume boosting powder, by sprinkling it onto your crown and brushing in. Tease along the left and right sides as well. Once you are happy with the tease, go back with your brush and carefully smooth out the surface hair. Be sure not to over-brush, as you don’t want to remove the tease.
- Next, take a section of hair at the top, twist, and push it up to create more volume. Then, bobby pin this twist into place.
- Grabbing the remainder of your hair, bring it up to the twist and secure it with an elastic.
- The last step of the ponytail is to grab a small section of hair and wrap the base of the ponytail and then secure with a bobby pin to hide your hair elastic.
And there you have it, the perfect summer ponytail!