How to Clean your Hairbrush
Believe it or not, there is actually a proper way to clean your hairbrushes. All that gunk that develops overtime and with various product use, needs to be eliminated so that your hairbrush is always doing the job its meant to (without adding old product back to your clean strands). Not to mention on average we lose between 40 and 100 strands of hair each day and that certainly adds up on your brush.
Now, here’s how to clean your hairbrush like the pros!
- Hairbrush to be cleaned
- Bowl of warm soapy water
- Bowl of cool, clean water
- Hand Towel
- use a comb to remove loose hair from the hairbrush by running the teeth of the comb outward from the pad of the brush, lifting upward.
- Dip the toothbrush in warm soapy water, then use it to gently scrub the bristles and hairbrush pad. If you have a plastic brush, soak it in a mixture of warm water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda for one hour.
- Rinse the hairbrush in the bowl of clean water to wash away any soapy residue.
- Shake the excess water from the hairbrush. Cleaning your hairbrush on a regular basis will keep it in good shape and make it last longer.
- Place your clean hairbrush on a hand towel to dry.
Now that you know how to clean your brush like the pros do, have you invested in the perfect hairbrush yet? If not, you’ll want to get your hands on the Leyla Milani Hair Boar/Nylon Miracle Brush! It’s a brush that also adds incredible shine, it has volume-boosting properties, and serves as the ultimate detangling tool.
Full YouTube Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SakfzXlTMvU - t=30