5 Fast Facts: Why Remy Hair Extensions Are the Best
What's the difference is between low-quality human hair extensions and Remy hair extensions? Well, it's the difference between looking like Courtney Love the morning after a party and looking like Courtney Love the morning after rehab. Every strand of human hair has an outer layer called the cuticle. This layer gives your hair shine, protects it from damage and makes it manageable. The cuticle can only do its job, though, if each strand of hair is aligned in the same direction. Remy hair extensions are carefully inspected by hand to ensure that each cuticle runs in the same direction. Here are five reasons why Remy hair extensions, with the cuticles aligned, are a cut above other human hair extensions:
1. No tangles. Low-quality hair extensions have a few serious drawbacks. The first problem most buyers face? Tangles. Since the hair cuticles are not aligned, the strands bunch and knot constantly. Within less than a day, the non-Remy hair extensions will begin to look like permanent patches of bedhead on the scalp. Not sexy. Remy hair extensions, on the other hand, are tangle-free. Simply comb the extensions and you're ready to go.
2. No matting. After tangles come the dreaded (pun intended) mats. Now, dreadlocks are awesome in their own right, but it's unlikely you bought extensions to help you look more “gangsta.” Given a week or so, non-Remy human hair extensions will begin to mat and become completely unmanageable. Not Remy hair extensions. They're immune to matting and will remain smooth and silky for months. Remember – you want to look like Kim Kardashian, not Rick James.
3. Better lifespan. Anyone who has purchased synthetic or non-Remy human hair extensions knows that they only last a few weeks at best. Since non-Remy extensions are heavily treated with chemicals, they have a short lifespan and tend to break apart rapidly. Remy hair extensions, by contrast, can easily last up to one year. Treat them well, and your Remy hair extensions will return the favor. Remy hair extensions are a fantastic style investment. (Curious how to care for your extensions? Check out this blog post.)
4. Awesome shine. The human hair cuticle is a beautiful thing. When laying flat, as it naturally does on healthy hair, the cuticle reflects light and causes the hair to shine. This gives Remy hair extensions a natural, glamorous radiance. But cuticles only lay flat when they're all aligned. Low-quality human hair extensions don't have aligned cuticles, and that's why they look so dull and lifeless.
5. Heat- and color-friendly. Heat styling or coloring non-Remy extensions leads to one thing, every time: the garbage bin. Non-Remy human hair extensions are treated with harsh chemicals before sale, making them unable to stand up to coloring or heat styling. Remy hair extensions are much more resilient and can handle any style you throw their way. Go from curly to straight to blonde to brunette – Remy hair extensions can keep up. Remy hair is simply the best. It's durable and manageable, and it looks amazing. Don't settle for second-best – your hair, and your wallet, will suffer for it. For more great info on Remy hair extensions – and more celebrity hair talk and style trends – check back next week!