How to Blend Hair Extensions
If your haircut is more on the blunt side or your hair is shorter, you may find it difficult to blend your hair extensions in with your natural tresses. If so, this tutorial is for you!
- Leyla Milani Hair Extensions
- Big Tease Comb
- Miracle Brush
- ‘Give it to Me Straight’ Flat Iron
- ‘Hold it Right There’ 3 Level Hairspray
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Elastic
- Section off your hair so that the bottom half below your ears is left to work with. Braid this portion into a regular 3-strand braid and secure the bottom with a hair elastic. Once secured, wrap into a small bun and bobby pin into place. This is the MOST effective way to blend in your hair extensions if you have shorter hair or a blunt haircut. This way your hair begins with an extension and can go shorter with your layers, as opposed to this section showing itself as uneven.
- Next, take two of your 2-clip wefts and clip them on top of your braided bun. By clipping your hair extensions in twos it really helps to blend them better and create a thicker appearance. About an inch above where you’ve just clipped your extensions, clip in two of your 4-clip wefts. The bulk of your hair extensions should go here (at the bottom center of your head).
- Now for the final section, part your hair around your temples. Take two of your 2-clip wefts placing them one above the other in the center. This helps to chop up the extensions and have them appear more natural! Last, clip in two of your 2-clip wefts along the sides of your head to finish.
- To fully blend your hair together (if you choose to do waves), take your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Give it to Me Straight’ Flat Iron and flip your hair away from your face, pulling your hair downward for a nicely framed, wavy look. You’ll need to pay a bit of extra attention to the top of your head as well since it will be only your natural tresses. To complete this look, take your ‘Miracle Brush’ and gently brush your waves together to give it that final blend. Spray your head with a light coating of Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There’ Hairspray on Level 1 to set.