Curly to Straight Hair Tutorial
If you’ve got naturally curly hair, this tutorial is for you! Sleek, straight, and luminous strands can easily be yours with just a few tools and simple steps. Here’s how to create the Straight Hair Look like the pros.
- ‘Blow Me Away’ Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
- ‘Miracle Brush’
- Round Brush
- ‘Give it to me Straight’ Ceramic Flat Iron
- Gator Grips
- ‘Big Tease’ Comb
- ‘Glossilocks’ Shine Spray
- Begin by brushing your freshly washed hair using your Miracle Brush to gently remove any tangles. Next, blow-dry your hair until completely dry. Part your hair in 4 sections and secure them each with a gator grip. Beginning with the back portion of your head, apply a heat protectant cream/spray and further comb out your strands with your Big Tease comb. Now holding your hair taught at the ends, take your ‘Give it to me Straight’ flat iron placing it close enough to your roots (but without burning your scalp).
- NOTE: follow the iron with the fine-toothed teasing comb right behind it guiding and smoothing the way through your strands. This will create a more efficient straightening action! Complete this action taking approximately 2-inch sections of hair until your entire head of hair is straightened.
- Continue re-straightening through any sections that haven’t quite smoothed out. You’ll want your locks to look as consistent and sleek as possible. Finish with a light coat of your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Glossilocks Shine Spray’ for instant luminosity and enjoy your beautifully straightened locks!
STYLING TIP: for thicker hair, you’ll want to use higher heat on your flat iron. Low-medium heat would be more acceptable for thinner strands!