How to: French Twist
Sexy, classic, and fabulous – a French Twist is one of those styles you should definitely have in your arsenal of hair how-to’s. Here’s how to easily get that perfect French Twist:
- Establish a side parting from the centre of the crown, down to the nape of the neck to provide the proper base.
- Next, go in with a tail comb (Leyla Milani Hair ‘Big Tease’) and tease the hair on one side. You’ll be taking vertical sections of your parted hair, teasing right into the base. Continue around the head all the way to the top until you have a good foundation of teased hair for your French Twist. Take the top section of hair, tease it and pull it off to the opposite side.
- Using your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There’ hairspray in Level 2, spray the underside of each section right at the base, to the mid-shaft of the hair. Also be sure to get that one top section that has been flipped away.
- Now taking a flat brush, take all of the existing hair that has been teased and brush it back into place. It’s very important that you get the grain of hair all travelling in the same direction. Place bobby pins starting at the nape of your neck, working your way up vertically through the hair that has been brush back. Once you have all the bobby pins in place, it’s great to finish off with one bobby pin pointing downward to secure. Repeat these steps on the opposite side.
- Once the other side has been teased, take the flat brush once again and brush this side of hair around and twist it into place. Finally, take your hand and grab the entire pieces of hair together, twisting and forming your French Twist. Once in place, lightly place your pins at the base of the twist (kind of like a stitching form). Once this is done, go ahead and give it a light spray and use your tail-comb to smooth anything down as well as set it in place.
And that’s how you do a French Twist!