Best Tips on How to Use Hair Spray
By the time we wash, blow dry and style our hair, we obviously want it to last, so what do we do? We use a great hairspray, but knowing how to use hair spray is the trick between a great look and a mess.
Here are some hair spray tips and tricks:
1. Don't spray it close to your head. You want to hold it about a foot away or else you will end up with it concentrated in just one area.
2. Before using the hair spray, make sure that the spray nozzle is not gummed up. Otherwise, the hair spray will not leave the can as a fine mist but rather in sticky spurts.
3. If you want extra volume, just flip your head upside down and spray. Lift individual strands of hair, and from a shorter distance apply a little hair spray underneath the strands. Allow the hair spray to dry before moving to the next strand. Again, only spray the ends of your hair because there's alcohol in it and it's going to dry out your scalp if you spray it up close to your roots.
4. Tip for women with bob haircuts: Slightly lift the covering hair and apply the hair spray at an angle from below toward the hair ends. This provides marvellous hold to bevelled side hair.
5. You can give hair a lot of hold and bounce by spraying it liberally over your hair and then either put heated rollers into your hair, use a curling iron or pull the hair ends through a flat iron. Then apply some more hair spray to give your hairdo hold. This is how it is done backstage for the big fashion events.
6. Never spray product on your hair while it is on the iron. The alcohol and heat will fry your hair—It's one of the worst things you can do!
7. You can tame a few unruly strands of hair by simply spraying a little hair spray into your hands and then use them to smooth your hair.
8. Don't use hairspray if you have oily hair because it's going to make your hair more oily and glossy.
9. Hair spray can also give eyebrows a beautiful line. Simply apply a little hair spray to an eyebrow brush before using it.
Our favorite pick is Milani Hold It Right There Hair Spray
because sometimes you need different kinds of hold. So instead of buying different kinds of hairspray, you can just change the nozzle to adjust it going from light, medium to strong hold.
You can also brush through and restyle hair as many times as desired.
It's great for any hair length and excellent to use on Milani Hair extensions