6 Hair Secrets From Celebrity Hair StylistsWhen it comes to creating celebrity hair styles, nobody knows better than celebrity hair stylists. These are the crème de la crème of the world of celebrity hair styles. If you're looking for unique or unusual hair styling tips, why not try one of these tips from celebrity hair stylists:
- Use baby powder to combat oil. Many styles look best with “second day” hair that isn't freshly washed. However, these styles can quickly turn from gorgeous to greasy. A quick dash of baby powder can keep the oil under control while still letting you accomplish the style you're longing for. Simply sprinkle it in and brush your hair – instant oil control.
- Stay longer longer. Conventional wisdom told ladies “of a certain age” to get their hair cut short. However, keeping your hair long can help you look younger – just look at Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Aniston. They're well out of their twenties but stay youthful with long hair.
- It's easy to go beachy. One trick celebrity stylists use to get beachy waves is saltwater. If you can't get to the beach, try faking it: a mixture of one part salt to two parts water with a healthy dash of deep conditioner will give your hair great texture, making it easy to accomplish a summer-ready beach look.
- Cover up those roots. Ken Paves, stylist to Christinia Applegate and Kim Cattrall, suggests using eyeshadow to hide your roots. Gold works best for faux-blondes, while various shades of brown work to cover blonde roots. Don't spend tons of money on hair powder when you have the tools you need right in your makeup kit!
- Diet for your hair? Omega-3 fatty acids work wonders for your health – and your hair. It helps your scalp stay healthy, resulting in shinier, healthier hair.
- Your hair needs moisture, too! Celebrity hair stylists swear by deep conditioning treatments to keep your hair smooth and free from breakage. Use a treatment 1 – 2 times a month to keep your hair looking amazing.