How to: Heatless Beach Waves
Summer is poppin’ and it’s time for that effortless beach wave look (whether you’ve spent the day by the waves or not)! There are many ways to achieve this look, but here are one of the essential techniques to master, that will preserve your precious locks with no additional heat applied. Here’s how to get it:
- Miracle Brush
- Hair Extensions (optional)
- Spray bottle with water (if your hair is dry)
- Teasing Comb
- Elastic bands
- Beginning with damp hair (75% dry), brush your hair throughout to ensure there are no tangles. Next, using the pointed end of your teasing comb, part your hair directly down the centre to create to workable sections of hair. Now you’re ready to create a French braid on both sides of your head. Secure each braid with a small elastic band.
- Spray each braid with your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Hold it Right There’ Hairspray on level 1 and then let your hair sit for at least 30 mins (or longer). Note: to speed the process, you would need to then use heat – so if you’re short for time dry your braids with your Leyla Milani Hair ‘Blow me Away’ Hair Dryer (and always finish by blasting your strands with the cold setting). You can also sit in the sun and catch some rays!
- Once your braids are completely dry, gently release your hair from each one. Give your head one more spray throughout to help set your locks and lightly scrunch your hair with your hands. Finally, if you’re craving some additional volume sprinkle a bit of your ‘Big Hair Don’t Care’ Volume Boosting powder over your roots and scrunch through as well. AND you can carry this nifty fairy dust with you throughout the day for touch-ups!